An increased consciousness regarding personal appearance among individuals is driving the growth of the global cosmetic industry. In Thailand, an enhanced interest in natural and organic cosmetics and the aging population’s interest in skin care and hair care are a few of the important factors that have increased the sale of cosmetic products in Thailand. The Food and Drug Authority (FDA, Thailand) of Thailand has adopted the guidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Cosmetic Directive (ACD) for Cosmetic product registration in Thailand.
Cosmetic products’ registration in Thailand is required to follow the cosmetics regulations defined by the Thailand FDA. The pathway of cosmetic product registration in Thailand comprises product compliance checks, cosmetics registration, and maintaining the Product Information File (PIF). Safety of cosmetic products is the other mandate that should be followed by companies wanting to register their cosmetic products in Thailand. The safety assessment is documented in the form of the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR), a key document of the PIF, and should be readily accessible to the FDA, Thailand. An added advantage of marketing a cosmetic product in Thailand or any other ASEAN country is that it gives easy access to the remaining ASEAN markets because of the harmonized regulations. 70-80% of the PIFs which are already in use in Thailand can be reused for the cosmetics notification of the same products in other ASEAN markets, a cost-effective and time-saving strategy.
- Cosmetics products Regulatory intelligence/strategy and services in Thailand
- Classification of cosmetics products
- Formulation review
- Cosmetics claims assessment
- Cosmetic product notification
- CPSR services as per the Thailand cosmetics regulation
- Label review
- Preparation and compilation of Technical Files/Dossier/PIF as per the cosmetic product registration in Thailand
- Interactions with the FDA, Thailand
- Audit and validation support
- Lifecycle management/post-marketing activities